Note: The privacy practices described in this Privacy Statement apply only on this Qsafe website. If you link to other Qsafe sites, please review the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statements posted on those sites. Qsafe may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes
What we collect
When you visit Qsafe’s website, we will not collect any personally identifiable information about you (such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address) unless you provide it to us voluntarily. Additionally, some areas of our website may invite visitors to submit name, address, telephone number or e-mail address in connection with certain promotions, offers or services that appear on our website, including offers to purchase products online or receive samples or information. If you opt not to provide us with personally identifiable information, no material consequences will result, although you may be unable to participate in certain promotions, receive product information, or buy products offered through Qsafe’s website.
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and contact you if needed during the course of processing or shipping your order for products or services offered over our website.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. We may also enhance or merge personally identifiable information with data obtained from third parties for the same purposes.
Qsafe is committed to keeping the data you provide us secure and will take reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse or alteration. Agents of Imeltech who have access to your personally identifiable information in connection with providing services for Imeltech are required to keep the information confidential and are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Imeltech. Individually identifiable information submitted in connection with employment inquiries will be used only in the application process.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In some cases, we may collect information about you that is not personally identifiable. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet browser or computer operating system you are using and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our site. Additionally, when you view one of our websites or advertisements, we may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “cookie” or similar file and will help us in many ways.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept, decline or erase cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored if you prefer. Please refer to your browser instructions or help-screen to learn more about these functions. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Qsafe does not collect personally identifiable information automatically, but we may tie information collected automatically to your previously submitted personally identifiable information.
In addition, we use Google Analytics to analyse and generate statistical and other information about Qsafe website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. Google Analytics gives us key insights that help drive the evolution of our products, promotions and website which ultimately improve and enhance the overall online shopping experience to the visitors and customers.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us to the below mentioned address or email
- If you have submitted personally identifiable information through an Qsafe website, or if someone else has submitted your personally identifiable information through an Imeltech website, or you are the parent or legal guardian of a person under the age of 13 who has submitted personally identifiable information, and you would like to have that information corrected or deleted from our databases, please contact us via address or email below:
IMELTECH SDN. BHD. (223078-k)
Address: 136 & 137, Jalan KIP 8, Taman Perindustrian KIP, 52200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +603-6276 7112 / 8112
Fax: +603-6274 2112